Start a College Success Coalition in Your County!
JOIN THE COALITION! Application
$1,000 start-up award (pending availability of funds)
$5,000 performance award (pending availability of funds)
See a list of eligible counties
Application window will close on October 17, 2014
Any interested citizen can start a College Success Coalition in their county!
TO GET STARTED, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
READ the Introduction Letter from Teresa Lubbers, Commissioner for Higher Education, and Jason Bearce, Associate Commisioner for Higher Education and Director of Learn More Indiana.
SHARE the flyer for potential new counties
SUBMIT a College Success Coalition Application before October 17, 2014
CHECK your email -- applicants will be notified by October 24th
Accepted counties will:
- Create a Steering Team of eight members (following stated membership requirements)
- Send at least two members of their Steering Team to a five-part workshop series in Indianapolis
- Recruit community organizations in their county to become members of the coalition
- Facilitate three local discussions with member organizations related to local strategic planning using provided resources
- Help member organizations plan and implement local activities to increase the percentage of students who enter and complete college
- Steering Team Manual
- Online coalition development / management system
- Leadership development workshop series (5)
- Written feedback after implementation of each step of the coalition development process
- On-call support