We are pleased to announce that schools who receive the Indiana Gold Star School Counseling Award are automatically eligible to receive the national "Recognized ASCA Model Program" (RAMP) award from the American School Counselor Association.
In the fall of 2006, ASCA leaders reviewed the Indiana Gold Star School Counseling Award criteria and found it met and exceeded ASCA's own rigorous RAMP process, opening the door for Indiana Gold Star schools to receive the RAMP award without further review by ASCA.
In addition to the Gold Star recognition, RAMP schools receive:
- An engraved plaque, suitable for display on your office wall or in the school's trophy case,
- Letter sent to your school board, principal and superintendent,
- Template press release for you to individualize and send to local press,
- Use of RAMP logo for your business cards, letterhead, Web site or printed materials,
- Recognition at ASCA's annual conference,
- Two tickets to the Recognition Celebration during ASCA's annual conference,
- Recognition in ASCA School Counselor magazine and on ASCA's Web site
- Opportunity to present a session at the annual conference
For additional information, please contact Amanda Culhan at the Indiana Department of Education (317-232-9172)